On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 09:56:16 GMT, sergus13
<github.com+74766043+sergu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Brian Burkhalter has updated the pull request incrementally with two
>> additional commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - 8246739: InputStream.skipNBytes could be implemented more efficiently
>>  - 8246739: InputStream.skipNBytes could be implemented more efficiently
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/io/InputStream.java line 607:
>
>> 605:                 if (read() < 0) {
>> 606:                     throw new EOFException();
>> 607:                 }
>
> Shouldn't we decrement "n" in case "read" returns non-negative value?
>
>                 if (read() < 0) {
>                     throw new EOFException();
>                 } else {
>                     n--;
>                 }
> `

One more notice here. Wouldn't it be better to compare value returned by read
method with -1 (as it was before)?
Since documentation of read method says:
_Returns:
    the next byte of data, or -1 if the end of the stream is reached._

`
            if (read() != -1) {
                throw new EOFException();
            } else {