On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 19:44:35 GMT, Attila Szegedi <att...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> 8261483: jdk/dynalink/TypeConverterFactoryMemoryLeakTest.java failed with
> "AssertionError: Should have GCd a method handle by now"

@plevart can I bother you for a follow-up review of my original issue?
(Alternatively, @shipilev?) Unfortunately the tests as I wrote them are flaking
on somewhat loaded CI servers. Shame on me for using timing-based tests… Thanks
for the consideration.

I changed the flaky tests to use an upper limit on number of iterations instead
of a maximum duration, so they won't be time sensitive anymore. I'm also
running them with a separate VM using a very small max heap (4M) so the GC
condition triggers quickly. Finally, I measured the number of iterations they
need to succeed with this heap size; the numbers are deterministic across
executions, but I also added a generous padding (least iterations needed by a
test is 30, most needed is 219, I'm allowing the tests to run until 5000.)