On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 13:20:32 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadam...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Following integration of the second incubator of the foreign function and
>> memory API [1], we detected few divergences between the contents of the jdk
>> repo and the panama repo:
>>
>> * the name of some of the `FunctionDescriptor` wither methods is different
>> (e.g. `withAppendedLayoutArguments` vs. `appendLayoutArguments`), as it has
>> been simplified and improved following a change that was not incorporated in
>> [1].
>>
>> * TestUpcall does not execute all the test combinations, because of an issue
>> in the jtreg header (also fixed in the panama repo)
>>
>> * Addressing some feedback, we would like to bring back alignment to
>> JAVA_INT layout constants (and related constants).
>>
>> Javadoc:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mcimadamore/8277924/v1/javadoc/jdk/incubator/foreign/package-summary.html
>> Specdiff:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mcimadamore/8277924/v1/spec_diff/overview-summary.html
>>
>> [1] - #5907
>
> Maurizio Cimadamore has updated the pull request incrementally with two
> additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Drop changes to alignment of layout constants
>  - Simplify logic to access package-private method in ValueLayout

Marked as reviewed by psandoz (Reviewer).

src/jdk.incubator.foreign/share/classes/jdk/incubator/foreign/FunctionDescriptor.java
 line 140:

> 138:     public FunctionDescriptor insertArgumentLayouts(int index,
> MemoryLayout... addedLayouts) {
> 139:         Objects.requireNonNull(addedLayouts);
> 140:         Arrays.stream(addedLayouts).forEach(Objects::requireNonNull);

FWIW you can remove this line if you wish, since the `List.of()` will check for
null elements. You could replace lines 139 to 143 with:

if (index < 0 || index > argLayouts.size())
    throw new IllegalArgumentException("Index out of bounds: " + index);
List<MemoryLayout> added = List.of(addedLayouts); // null check on array and
its elements
List<MemoryLayout> newLayouts = new ArrayList<>(argLayouts.size() +
added.size());