> Following integration of the second incubator of the foreign function and
> memory API [1], we detected few divergences between the contents of the jdk
> repo and the panama repo:
>
> * the name of some of the `FunctionDescriptor` wither methods is different
> (e.g. `withAppendedLayoutArguments` vs. `appendLayoutArguments`), as it has
> been simplified and improved following a change that was not incorporated in
> [1].
>
> * TestUpcall does not execute all the test combinations, because of an issue
> in the jtreg header (also fixed in the panama repo)
>
> * Addressing some feedback, we would like to bring back alignment to JAVA_INT
> layout constants (and related constants).
>
> Javadoc:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mcimadamore/8277924/v1/javadoc/jdk/incubator/foreign/package-summary.html
> Specdiff:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mcimadamore/8277924/v1/spec_diff/overview-summary.html
>
> [1] - #5907

Maurizio Cimadamore has updated the pull request with a new target base due to
a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains 12 additional commits
since the last revision:

 - Revert test change
 - Merge branch 'master' into value_layout_align
 - Simplify FunctionDescriptor::insertArgumentLayouts
 - Drop changes to alignment of layout constants
 - Simplify logic to access package-private method in ValueLayout
 - Update
src/jdk.incubator.foreign/share/classes/jdk/incubator/foreign/ValueLayout.java

   Co-authored-by: Jorn Vernee <jornver...@users.noreply.github.com>
 - Further tweak to javadoc of layout constants
 - Wrong alignment constraints in ValueLayout constants javadoc
 - Tweak javadoc
 - Fix jtreg header on TestUpcall
 - ... and 2 more: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/compare/26afe572...f3f78190

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/6589/files/c305199c..f3f78190

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=6589&range=04
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=6589&range=03-04

  Stats: 7127 lines in 257 files changed: 4342 ins; 1547 del; 1238 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/6589/head:pull/6589