> Richard Startin prompted me to have a look at a case where java.time
> underperforms relative to joda time
> (https://twitter.com/richardstartin/status/1506975932271190017).
>
> It seems the java.time test of his suffer from heavy allocations due
> ZoneOffset::getRules allocating a new ZoneRules object every time and escape
> analysis failing to do the thing in his test. The patch here adds a simple
> specialization so that when creating ZonedDateTimes using a ZoneOffset we
> don't query the rules at all. This removes the risk of extra allocations and
> slightly speeds up ZonedDateTime creation for both ZoneOffset (+14%) and
> ZoneRegion (+5%) even when EA works like it should (the case in the here
> provided microbenchmark).

Claes Redestad has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
commit since the last revision:

  Add nanoOfSecond parameter, make micro less reliant on constants

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/7957/files/faf35394..355f192a

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=7957&range=01