On Sat, 3 Dec 2022 19:18:48 GMT, Naoto Sato <na...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This is to allow Console to be used even when it is not attached to the
>> platform provided terminal, such as the case when the standard input is
>> redirected. `System.console()` now returns a Console implementation based on
>> `jdk.internal.le` terminal by default, or jshell implementation if
>> available. A corresponding CSR has been drafted.
>
> Naoto Sato has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Changed the expected behavior when the SecurityManager is enabled

This is well done. I've been through all the latest src changes.

src/java.base/share/classes/java/io/Console.java line 627:

> 625:         });
> 626:     }
> 627:     private static Console cons;

The initialization of cons is replaced in this PR so maybe we can make it final
at the same time.

src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/io/JdkConsole.java line 33:

> 31: /**
> 32:  * Delegate interface for custom Console implementations.
> 33:  * Methods defined here are duplicating ones in Console class.

There's a typo here, probably should be be "duplicates the" or "are duplicates
of the methods".

src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/io/JdkConsoleProvider.java line 40:

> 38:      * The default provider of JdkConsole.
> 39:      */
> 40:     String DEFAULT_PROVIDER = "jdk.internal.le";

This is really the module name of the preferred provider, maybe it should have
_MODULE_NAME as the suffix.