On Tue, 17 Jan 2023 13:35:25 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>>> Normally, such changes in third-party libraries need to be done upstream,
>>> and not locally. @prrace can confirm.
>>
>> Thanks @kevinrushforth for your review.
>>
>> Yes, it had been fixed in the upstream and I just follow it.
>> Please see
>> https://github.com/harfbuzz/harfbuzz/blob/main/src/hb-meta.hh#L202 .
>>
>> Or did you mean we had to sync the whole harfbuzz with the upstream?
>> If so, I would suggest doing it in a separate PR.
>> What do you think?
>> Thanks.
>
> No, I didn't mean to update all of harfbuzz. What you've done seems fine to
> me, but let's see what @prrace says.

If the *exact* same change has been committed upstream then we are OK to take
this because then when we upgrade harfbuzz (under a separate bug) whoever doing
the upgrade can be blissfully ignorant of this. In fact it is because there is
no easy way to be track changes on the JDK side and reapply them that we have
this rule.