On Thu, 2 Feb 2023 15:33:29 GMT, Scott Gibbons <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Names are important, but always hard to get right. At the very least they
>> need to be correct. Maybe call it something like
>> `..parameterized_decode_tables..` and the other `..shared_decode_tables..`?
>
> I prefer leaving them the way they are.  I don't think the names, along with
> the associated comments within the tables, causes any undue confusion as to
> their function.  However I will implement the name change if that's all it
> takes to procure a review approval.  Please provide the specific names you'd
> like me to use and I'll change them.  Or just approve as-is :-).

I meant no disrespect here. By your own words
`base64_AVX2_decode_URL_tables_addr` is "essentially incorrect", so I suggested
some alternatives that I thought would make the code slightly more
approachable. Regardless of whether you fix this detail I am not ready to
approve this PR since I would need time to digest the latest changes. I'll ask
a more senior engineer to review and give final approval (these changes need 2
reviewers approval anyhow).