On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 14:27:49 GMT, Scott Gibbons <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> @sviswa7 Can you please share the test(s) you used to determine the stated
> failures? I've run all of the tier1-3 tests in the suite with no failures.
> Plus, if what you say is true, then the same logic would apply for the
> non-URL case as well as it applies to 0x2F ('/') in the same manner as 0x5F
> ('_').
>
> If your test(s) do indeed show the failure, we should probably add them to
> the test suite. Thanks.

Stub processes the input till last legal byte and falls over to java
implementation for error handling, thus URL decoder will not find any anomaly
on encountering characters ( _ or - ) in input sequence, the behavior will
still be functionally correct. Problem will only show up in JMH micro as a perf
degradation, our micro handles MIME and Base64 decoder can you kindly extend it
for URL decoder with special characters in input sequence.