On Thu, 23 Feb 2023 07:19:24 GMT, Martin Doerr <mdo...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Can I add them to the existing libraries? If so, what is the correct naming
> scheme and what is needed to get them executed (adding the EXPORT alone is
> not sufficient). Or should I create a separate test for these cases? Advice
> will be appreciated!

There are two kinds of tests for the linker - some tests (e.g. TestDowncallXYZ
and TestUpcallXYZ) execute end to end test with several shapes, and make sure
that things work.

Then there are ABI specific tests (e.g. see TestXYZCallArranger). These latter
tests are typically used to stress tests corners of specific ABIs - and they
are easier to write as you can just provide the input (some function
descriptor) then test that the resulting set of bindings is the expected one.
This allows for much more in-depth testing.