On Wed, 1 Mar 2023 06:37:45 GMT, Martin Doerr <mdo...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> There will surely be more when looking into Big Endian support after merging
> with your recent work on
> https://github.com/openjdk/panama-foreign/compare/foreign-memaccess+abi...JornVernee:panama-foreign:OOB

I will try to move this into the mainline ahead of the JEP PR (process
allowing). As well as another testing coverage patch for nested structs/unions:
https://github.com/openjdk/panama-foreign/pull/780.

> Thanks for sharing your plans to intrisify linkToNative in C2 later. I guess
> we should do more preparation work on all platforms when that gets addressed.

WRT this: we had intrinsification in the past as well
(https://github.com/openjdk/panama-foreign/pull/609), but it was removed since
we also removed 'trivial' calls at some point (and then the intrinsics were not
used). Now that trivial calls are back on the menu, it might be interesting to
look at re-adding intrinsics as well.