@liach

> Just curious, does sequenced collection specify if add simulates addLast if
> addition supports custom ordering? I wish to have efficient reversible batch
> addition operations available, like ordered versions of addAll.

Well the specs say what they say. For List, Deque, and LinkedHashSet, the
add(E) method adds at the end. The addAll(Collection<E>) method is specified to
honor the iteration order (really, encounter order) of the argument, and they
all add at the end. (But Deque.addAll is specified in terms of addLast.) If
some other existing collection defines add(E) to insert at some custom
location, then addAll(Collection<E>) will need to specify what it does.
Converting that collection to be sequenced doesn't necessarily change that.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/7387#issuecomment-1477240323