On Tue, 14 Feb 2023 17:46:21 GMT, Eirik Bjorsnos <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> CorruptedZipFiles could benefit from some spring cleaning and a conversion to
> testNG:
>
> - The actual tests are moved into their own `@Test` methods, given more
> meaningful names and a Javadoc comment explaining the constraint being
> verified
> - The setup code is moved to a `@Before` method, slightly modernized and
> rewritten to take advantage of `assertEquals`
> - `checkZipExceptionImpl` is updated to take advantage of `expectThrows`
> - A bunch of constants copied over from `ZipFile` can be deleted since
> JDK-6225935 has long been fixed

Hopefully this test is now easier to understand for someone who is not
intimately familiar with the ZIP format. I am hearing a voice in the back of my
head (Martin?) saying "this level of documentation is excessive" though. As
always a trade off I guess.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/12563#issuecomment-1447807905