On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 20:28:52 GMT, Jonathan Gibbons <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/Thread.java line 1960:
>>
>>> 1958:      *             thread.
>>> 1959:      *
>>> 1960:      * @spec jni/index.html Java Native Interface Specification
>>
>> The link to the JNI spec in this method is from implNote so I'm wondering if
>> the spec link is needed here.
>
> Right now, the tag is added for any declaration whose comment contains a
> reference to an external spec (i.e. with `<a href-....>`.
>
> When we enable the "External Specifications" page, it will contain a link
> back to this page as part of the cross-reference info, which seems useful.
> That being said, if you feel strongly the tag should not be added here, I can
> remove it.

Leave it in for now and we can look at it again when the external spec page is
in place. My comment is mostly that it will look a bit strange to link to this
method because it's text in an implNote rather than spec.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13248#discussion_r1154302925