On Wed, 26 Apr 2023 09:47:58 GMT, Adam Sotona <asot...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > @asotona Just curious, what's the current state of our new API model of
> > caching class hierarchy info in a Classfile context object as we've
> > discussed on the mailing list? Will you create a patch, or should I update
> > this patch to that model?
>
> In the discussion I tried to fine-tune exact naming of the factory methods
> and the default. Mainly to differentiate when the class is parsed as a
> resource `ofResourceParsing(ClassLoader loader)` and when it is loaded
> `ofClassLoading(ClassLoader loader)`
>
> Otherwise this patch looks good.
>
> The other part of the discussion with proposed `ClassfileReaderWriter` model
> is out of the scope of this topic, it has much bigger impact on all existing
> code and I would deferred it at least until this and other open PRs are
> merged.

Thanks for your evaluation, Adam. I have updated the method names to
`ofClassLoading` and `ofResourceParsing`, and incorporated the idea of
SecurityManager bypassing from
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/13197/commits/cc6994202c93edd0c98e6fb0bb5f0cbe1da7df8e#diff-f044f7ab894bab3b36ad9f29e0b3f541df5246c90159635159343ce20e02c12cR54-R63
 to ensure system libraries can use the hierarchy resolver all fine. I've ran
`test/jdk/jdk/classfile` tests on my machine. Can you review again?

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13082#issuecomment-1540326710