On Mon, 15 May 2023 07:48:26 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Jim Laskey has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Update VirtualParser.java
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/sun/launcher/LauncherHelper.java line 896:
>
>> 894:          * findMainMethod (above) will choose the correct method, based
>> 895:          * on its name and parameter type, however, we still have to
>> 896:          * ensure that the method is static (non-preview) and returns a
>> void.
>
> Have you looked into findMainMethod checking the return type? Right now, we
> have findMainMethod returning a Method that needs further checking.

At some point I would like to fold both launchers into a single launcher. To do
so would require having the source code launcher use the same error reporting
and adapting downstream accordingly (tests et al). There is also a separate
project to support multi-file source code launcher and I didn't want to disrupt
the flow of that project at this point in time.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/13689#discussion_r1194149300