On Wed, 7 Jun 2023 19:16:51 GMT, Jonathan Gibbons <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Pavel Rappo has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   feedback: make warning less scary
>
> src/jdk.javadoc/share/classes/jdk/javadoc/internal/doclets/toolkit/util/Utils.java
>  line 2847:
>
>> 2845:                     break;
>> 2846:                 }
>> 2847:                 if (isPlainInterface(peek) && !isPublic(peek) &&
>> !isLinkable(peek)) {
>
> What is the significance of the `isPublic` check?
> I'm developing a knee-jerk reaction to such checks, in the face of
> access-related command-line options.

That directly mimics the current behaviour at
addSuperInterfaces(Utils.java:802), which in turn is used at
ImplementedMethods(VisibleMemberTable.java:1064) to collect overridden methods
in superinterfaces. If you look around, it's quite an idiom and predates this
PR.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14357#discussion_r1222173441