> Please review this long-awaited change to documentation inheritance.
>
> This change improves "methods comment algorithm" and introduces directed
> documentation inheritance. While "methods comment algorithm" -- automatic
> search for inheritable documentation -- has been improved, it still cannot
> read an author's mind so as to always find the documentation they intended.
> From now on, an author can state their intention, by providing an FQN of the
> superclass or superinterface from which to inherit documentation:
>
> ​{@inheritDoc S}
>
> Which is exactly what I did to counterbalance some of the JDK API
> Documentation changes caused by the change to "methods comment algorithm".

Pavel Rappo has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge
or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in
by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains seven additional commits since
the last revision:

 - Merge branch 'master' into 8285368
 - feedback: make warning less scary
 - Disable problematic check

   This check is well-intended but problematic for JDK API Documentation
   build, which errors on warnings.
 - Counterbalance changes to method comments algorithm

   The changes are in the JDK API Documentation.
 - Improve diagnostics
 - Update method comments algorithm
 - Implement directed documentation inheritance

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14357/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14357/files/c0fc69c2..011d7982

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=14357&range=02
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=14357&range=01-02

  Stats: 17117 lines in 199 files changed: 16677 ins; 145 del; 295 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/14357/head:pull/14357