On Fri, 9 Jun 2023 13:54:14 GMT, Sean Coffey <coff...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> New functionality in the -XshowSettings menu to display relevant information
> about JDK security configuration

There is a lot of output and does seem to overwhelm the java -XshowSettings
output with detail that I wouldn't expect by default.  It's effectively
printing conf/java.security and enumerating all the capabilities of the
providers and cipher suites. So I think I agree with Sean's suggestion to
require the :security sub-option for the detail. We could potentially do this
for the available locales too. The -XshowSettings output could include a
message at the end about using -XshowSettings:detailed or some such sub-option
for more detailed output.

In passing, it looks like some of the output is going to stderr, some to
stdout, so you might want to check that. Also StringTokenizer is legacy, I
don't think we want that in the java launcher code, it looks like it just needs
String.split.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14394#issuecomment-1585530294