On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 21:46:03 GMT, David Holmes <dhol...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> There are a few references to rt.jar in comments and in the codebase itself.
>> Some of them might be removed or adjusted.
>
> src/jdk.compiler/share/classes/com/sun/tools/javac/file/JavacFileManager.java
> line 196:
>
>> 194:
>> 195:     /**
>> 196:      * Set whether or not to use ct.sym as an alternate
>
> As an alternate to what? This needs something else.

should "to the image modules files"  be used instead ?

> test/langtools/tools/javap/4798312/JavapShouldLoadClassesFromRTJarTest.java
> line 1:
>
>> 1: /*
>
> The name of this test includes RTJar. It needs to be changed too I think.
> Does this test actually still test something?

It seems to start a javap. So I think it tests something, how important this is
and what other tests might cover similar stuff, I do not know unfortunately .

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14593#discussion_r1238252196
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14593#discussion_r1238254149