On Mon, 3 Jul 2023 20:22:30 GMT, Mandy Chung <mch...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the update. Some comments below.

Thank you for the feedback! I didn't see the "proper" usage of effectively
final variables.

> The test you add does not cause new locals be defined in the helper methods.
> Do you think you can add such test case i.e. new elements are added in the
> dedup var list by the helper functions?

I modified the "end-to-end" test in [`15d7448`
(#14408)](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/14408/commits/15d7448b3132e6f0838ac6cb8eb2b939c6eb00f2).

Note that the numbers cannot be arbitrarily increased. Otherwise, one gets
errors similar to following

    Fehler: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Code length 102397 is outside
the allowed range in sub1(ModuleDescriptor[],ArrayList)void

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14408#issuecomment-1620024255