On Wed, 23 Aug 2023 17:10:42 GMT, Daniel Fuchs <dfu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Sean Coffey has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Improve test coverage
>>  - Incorporate review comments from Daniel
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/logger/LazyLoggers.java line 425:
>
>> 423:      */
>> 424:     public static final Logger getLogger(String name, Module module) {
>> 425:         BootstrapLogger.detectBackend();
>
> Suggestion:
>
>         // triggers detection of the backend
>         BootstrapLogger.detectBackend();

Hello Daniel, Sean, I couldn't understand the need for this method. The changes
to `BootstrapLogger` in this PR removes the initialization of `DetectBackend`
class while holding a lock on `BootstrapLogger` class in the
`BootstrapLogger.useLazyLoggers` method. Wouldn't that be enough?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15404#discussion_r1305493743