On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 10:54:19 GMT, Sean Coffey <coff...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Recursive initialization calls possible during loading of LoggerFinder
>> service.
>>
>> This fix detects the recursive call and returns a temporary LoggerFinder
>> that is backed by a lazy logger. Automated test case developed to simulate
>> poke System.getLogger during this framework initialization.
>
> Sean Coffey has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Improve test coverage
>  - Incorporate review comments from Daniel

test/jdk/java/lang/System/LoggerFinder/SignedLoggerFinderTest/SignedLoggerFinderTest.java
 line 122:

> 120:                             Thread.sleep(sleep);
> 121:                         } catch (InterruptedException e) {
> 122:                             throw new RuntimeException(e);

Given that this will end up being thrown from a `Thread`, this will end up
being an uncaught exception and handled by a `UncaughtExceptionHandler` (I
don't remember if/what jtreg sets it to). The default `ThreadGroup`
UncaughtExceptionHandler, just logs to System.err such exceptions
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/ThreadGroup.java#L697.
 Just noting it here, in case you want to do this differently if you want this
exception to fail the test.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15404#discussion_r1305534996