On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 18:41:48 GMT, Joe Wang <jo...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Add a JDK Impl specific property 'jdk.xml.dtd.support' for applications to
> specify how DTDs are handled. This property is uniformly supported across the
> JDK XML libraries. It complements, rather than replaces, the existing
> properties that are supportDTD for StAX and disallow-doctype-decl for DOM and
> SAX processors, which means the later will continue to work as they were and
> that if they are set, the new property will have no effect. Applications that
> use the existing properties continue to work as expected.
>
>    This patch continues the path made previously with Xalan and XPath in
> which functions were moved into the jdk/xml classes. Similar changes are now
> made with the Xerces and XML classes, consolidating functions into the
> jdk/xml classes, reducing duplicate code for easier future maintenance.
>
> Tests: new tests are added to cover the various processors.
>        Existing tests pass. Only one was updated due to the change to the
> property impl.

I think you've got this to a good place and brings uniformity to configuring
how all the processors deal with DTDs. The proposal in the CSR is approved now
so hopefully you'll get Reviewer cycles to help move forward on this.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15075#issuecomment-1703776120