On Mon, 2 Oct 2023 14:56:11 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadam...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> test/langtools/tools/javac/classfiles/attributes/SourceFile/SourceFileTestBase_legacy.java
>>  line 45:
>>
>>> 43:  * @see #compileAndTest
>>> 44:  */
>>> 45: public class SourceFileTestBase_legacy extends TestBase {
>>
>> Why is this called "legacy" ?
>
> Uhmm is this to be used in tests to be compiled against a JDK release where
> no classfile API is available?

We need these "legacy" copies while ClassFile API is a preview feature.
Some of the tests require to specify compilation target other than 22 and it is
not possible to combine it with enabled preview switch.
Fortunately it affects only very few from the hundreds of tests already
converted to ClassFile API.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/15706#discussion_r1342820255