On Mon, 23 Oct 2023 09:14:06 GMT, Sean Coffey <coff...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Fix up java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source hashCode() impl so that duplicate Source
>> objects aren't created for the same zip file.
>
> Sean Coffey has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Update code comments

Finally, now that this PR only fixes a bug in the hashCode() and doesn't
introduce any performance changing characteristics to the code, do you think
the micro benchmark test update being proposed in this PR is needed? I don't
have too much knowledge of `jmh` and it's a bit unclear to me if the
introduction of this new `@Benchmark` method would interefere with the numbers
of the existing `@Benchmark` method. I can spend some time on reading up `jmh`
and then reviewing this micro benchmark if you think adding that benchmark is
useful in context of this PR.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16115#issuecomment-1775060059