On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 17:48:48 GMT, Eirik Bjorsnos <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review this PR which brings  the DataDescriptorSignatureMissing test
>> back to life.
>>
>> This test currently calls out to Python to create a test vector ZIP with a
>> Data Descriptor without the recommended but optional signature. The Python
>> dependency has turned out to be very brittle, so the test is currently
>> marked with `@ignore`
>>
>> The PR replaces Python callouts with directly creating the test vector ZIP
>> in the test itself. We can then remove the `@ignore`tag and run this useful
>> test automatically.
>
> Eirik Bjorsnos has updated the pull request incrementally with three
> additional commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Describe the structure of Data Descriptors using an example
>  - Extend the comment of `makeZipWithSignaturelessDescriptor` with some
> background info on (signature-less) data descriptors, for the benefit of
> future maintainers.
>  - Convert test from testng to junit

Thinking some more about this, I would like to see us keep the Zip generated by
python, store it in a byte array (or equivalent) as it also validate that we
can still process the zip given this was the original test and the zip is being
generated by a 3rd party tool.

This would be an additional test along with your proposed enhancements

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/12959#issuecomment-1785936716