On Mon, 30 Oct 2023 19:54:12 GMT, Lance Andersen <lan...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Thinking some more about this, I would like to see us keep the Zip generated
> by python, store it in a byte array (or equivalent) as it also validate that
> we can still process the zip given this was the original test and the zip is
> being generated by a 3rd party tool.

Lance,

I was finally able to reproduce the original issue using Python 3.4.4. (Which
was a challenge to install given its archaic dependencies!)

I was able to verfy that the missing signature is the ONLY difference between
the input and output files. (Except updated LOC and CEN offsets accounting for
the missing bytes). Additionally, I independently removed the signature files
from the input file, this produced an output file binary identical to Python's.

Given that the one and only difference introduced by the Python script is
covered by the test in this PR, I'm not sure I see any additional value in
adding a test with the binary test vector produced by Python. I think it will
just increase our maintenance costs, without adding any real value or coverage.

If you see this differently, that's of course ok. Just let me know and I'll
create the test with the encoded binary ZIP (which I have easily available now).

Waiting for your guidance, thanks :-)

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/12959#issuecomment-1791298079