On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 13:07:24 GMT, Per Minborg <pminb...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This PR proposes to reformat all the JavaDocs for the FFM API. This would
>> bring the FFM API docs more in line with the existing Java documentation
>> (see below).  Occasional drive-by fixes are also included in this PR (such
>> as spelling and capitalization).
>>
>> I am aware this PR will (if approved) make a significant mark in the change
>> logs which is regrettable.
>>
>> Background:
>>
>> Older classes like `Object` and `List` have a maximum line length of 80
>> characters whereas newer classes like `ScopedValue` have a maximum line
>> length of 90 characters.
>>
>> The FFM API currently has javadoc lines that exceed 135 characters per line.
>> It is also customary to use double spaces when starting a new sentence.
>
> Per Minborg has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Fix issues from comments
>  - Revert de-allocation changes to deallocation

src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/foreign/MemorySegment.java line 1934:

> 1932:      *
> 1933:      * @param layout the layout of the region of memory to be read
> 1934:      * @param index a logical index denoting the offset in bytes
> (relative to this

apologies for sending you the wrong way. As a single sentence this doesn't make
sense. I suggest the original text (e.g. before this PR) is restored.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16518#discussion_r1388067580