On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 02:14:13 GMT, David Holmes <dhol...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I'm not following the changes to cdsHeapVerifier.cpp. You've marked the new
> entries as `C` but the definition is:
>
> ```
> // [C] A non-final static string that is assigned a string literal during
> class
> // initialization; this string is never changed during -Xshare:dump.
> ```
>
> and these are final static strings not non-final. ???

I simply followed the fix to https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8295295 where
the last time I added a `StaticProperty`, it broke the CDS test. Since I am not
familiar in this area, I am happy to have the reasoning corrected. I would
appreciate suggestions.

> You also have a large number of test failures with this PR.

Are you referring to GHA tests? I am not sure they are relevant to this fix, as
my run for mach5 did not cause any regression test failures.

> Can I also suggest that you change the bug and PR synopsis to say
> StaticProperty rather than static properties as I found it quite confusing to
> understand the issue.

Modified.

>> Making them static properties is safer than relying on the class
>> initialization timing
> "class initialization" refers to the static initialization of a class. I
> assume that is not what you mean here but the creation of the instance of the
> class? Even StaticProperty still initializes these things during class
> initialization, so I'm unclear exactly what this is trying to say.

Modified it to specifically saying `Locale` class loading time.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16986#issuecomment-1843406352