On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 12:21:05 GMT, Raffaello Giulietti <rgiulie...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Adds serialization misdeclaration events to JFR.
>
> Raffaello Giulietti has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Better name for a label, corrected name of removed field.

test/jdk/jdk/jfr/event/io/TestSerializationMisdeclarationEvent.java line 50:

> 48:  * @requires vm.hasJFR
> 49:  * @library /test/lib
> 50:  * @run junit/othervm
> jdk.jfr.event.io.TestSerializationMisdeclarationEvent

Is the use of "othervm" needed here because of the use of
`jdk.jfr.consumer.RecordingStream`? Does `RecordingStream` do JVM wide state
changes? I did a quick look at that class but couldn't come to a conclusion.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17129#discussion_r1431578942