Hi Pavel,

I agree, the script should refer to the JLS.
Some people look to the javadoc but its not authoritative on the language.

Roger

On 1/2/24 12:18 PM, Pavel Rappo wrote:
Right, the language model (javax.lang.model) is a better target to refer to
when considering _source_ files. However, java.lang.reflect.Modifier
corresponds to a set returned by javax.lang.model.element.Element#getModifiers,
not to a single instance of javax.lang.model.element.Modifier; the order of
that set is unspecified.

So perhaps the right thing would be to directly refer to JLS from the script.
What do you think?