> Please review this PR which rewrites the BadFactoryTest to pure Java/JUnit.
> The test is currently implemented using a mix of shell script and a Java main
> method.
>
> Reviewers may notice the following changes:
>
> - The shell script file `BadFactoryTest.sh` has been retired and jtreg tags
> moved over to `BadFactoryTest.java`
> - The main method has been replaced with a JUnit `@Test` method
> - The service definition file used to be packaged into a jar file, now the
> source directory is instead directly added to the classpath using `@library
> /javax/script/JDK_8196959`
> - The `@summary` tag was updated since the existing summary was slightly
> confusing
> - To make jtreg happy, the SecurityManager-enabled invocation now runs with
> `-Djava.security.manager=allow` instead of just `-Djava.security.manager`
> - A sanity check was added to verify that `ScriptEngineManager` can actually
> find and load `BadFactory`. Such a check would have detected the issue which
> inspired this rewrite, see  #16585.
>
> Verified by running:
>

> % make test TEST="test/jdk/javax/script/JDK_8196959"
>   [..]
>    TEST                                              TOTAL  PASS  FAIL ERROR
>
>    jtreg:test/jdk/javax/script/JDK_8196959               1     1     0     0
>

> Note that the original issue JDK-8196959 is not available in JBS, so my
> understanding of what the original test does is based on code inspection.

Eirik Bjørsnøs has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains ten commits:

 - Remove the @library tag, the META-INF service definition file is already on
the classpath
 - Merge branch 'master' into badfactory-java-rewritte
 - Add the Java rewrite issue to the @bug list
 - Merge branch 'master' into badfactory-java-rewritte

   # Conflicts:
   #    test/jdk/javax/script/JDK_8196959/BadFactoryTest.sh
 - Move jtreg tags from before to after imports
 - Merge branch 'master' into badfactory-java-rewritte
 - Update the @summary to describe the purpose of the test, not the BadFactory
 - Add comment describing the initialization of ScriptEngineManager
 - Implement BadFactoryTest in pure Java

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16830/files
 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=16830&range=01
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/16830/head:pull/16830