On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 22:49:49 GMT, Quan Anh Mai <qa...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/misc/JitCompiler.java line 32:
>>
>>> 30:  * Just-in-time-compiler-related queries
>>> 31:  */
>>> 32: public class JitCompiler {
>>
>> An alternative name and location is `jdk.internal.vm.ConstantSupport` with
>> initial class doc:
>>
>> Defines methods to test if a value has been evaluated to a compile-time
>> constant value by the HotSpot VM.
>
> That sounds like a better name for the class, although I think
> `jdk.internal.misc` is more suitable than `jdk.internal.vm`. Do you have any
> preference? Thanks.

+1 to `ConstantSupport`. I think `jdk.internal.vm` is a proper place for it.
There is adjacent `jdk.internal.vm.vector.VectorSupport`, and whole
`jdk.internal.vm.annotations` package is there too.

`jdk.internal.misc` sounds like a place for utility classes. `Unsafe` is a
historical exception, I think.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17527#discussion_r1464551793