On 3/3/2024 10:09 PM, Alan Snyder wrote:
I tried using jpackage on macOS to create a DMG (which I have not done before)
and was surprised when a system dialog was displayed requesting permission for
Terminal to control Finder.

I found this issue described in JDK-8231855, which was closed without
explanation as “not an issue”.
There is a comment in the CR with the explanation and suggested workaround.

It seems to me that having a command line build tool try to interact with a
user via a dialog is inappropriate, even if it happens only once per system.

I’m not sure why this dialog is shown, as it appears that all of the actions
are performed by running the hdiutil program.

It does seem odd, however, that jpackage mounts the DMG to modify its contents.
Shouldn’t the contents be set up before creating the DMG?

Is mounting the image the source of the dialog?

Is there some reason this cannot be fixed?
Alexander, could you please help with the above questions?

- Alexey