> Please review this PR which removes the 19 deprecated `xxObject*` alias
> methods from `jdk.internal.misc.Unsafe`.
>
> These methods were added in JDK-8213043 (JDK 12), presumably to allow
> `jsr166.jar` to be used across JDK versions. This was a follow-up fix after
> JDK-8207146 had renamed these methods to `xxReference*'.
>
> Since OpenJDK is now the single source of truth for `java.util.concurrent`,
> time has come to remove these deprecated alias methods.
>
> This change was initially discussed here:
> https://mail.openjdk.org/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2024-March/119993.html
>
> Testing: This is a pure deletion of deprecated methods, so the PR includes no
> test changes and the `noreg-cleanup` label is added in the JBS. I have
> verified that all `test/jdk/java/util/concurrent/*` tests pass.
>
> Tagging @DougLea and @Martin-Buchholz to verify that this removal is timely.

Eirik Bjørsnøs has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
commit since the last revision:

  Use getAndSetReference instead of getAndSetObject in
test/hotspot/jtreg/gc/shenandoah/compiler/TestUnsafeLoadStoreMergedHeapStableTests.java

Changes:
  - all: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18176/files
  - new: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18176/files/997056d5..a333ed30

Webrevs: