On Sun, 10 Mar 2024 08:14:02 GMT, Eirik Bjørsnøs <eir...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review this PR which removes the 19 deprecated `xxObject*` alias
>> methods from `jdk.internal.misc.Unsafe`.
>>
>> These methods were added in JDK-8213043 (JDK 12), presumably to allow
>> `jsr166.jar` to be used across JDK versions. This was a follow-up fix after
>> JDK-8207146 had renamed these methods to `xxReference*'.
>>
>> Since OpenJDK is now the single source of truth for `java.util.concurrent`,
>> time has come to remove these deprecated alias methods.
>>
>> This change was initially discussed here:
>> https://mail.openjdk.org/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2024-March/119993.html
>>
>> Testing: This is a pure deletion of deprecated methods, so the PR includes
>> no test changes and the `noreg-cleanup` label is added in the JBS. I have
>> verified that all `test/jdk/java/util/concurrent/*` tests pass.
>>
>> Tagging @DougLea and @Martin-Buchholz to verify that this removal is timely.
>
> Eirik Bjørsnøs has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Use getAndSetReference instead of getAndSetObject in
> test/hotspot/jtreg/gc/shenandoah/compiler/TestUnsafeLoadStoreMergedHeapStableTests.java

Thanks for reviewing, Martin and Alan.

GHA revealed two call sites for ` getAndSetObject` in the test
`test/hotspot/jtreg/gc/shenandoah/compiler/TestUnsafeLoadStoreMergedHeapStableTests.java`.

I have replaced these with the `getAndSetReference`, grepped for any remaining
uses without finding anything. Let's see what GHA says.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18176#issuecomment-1987141915