On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 17:19:31 GMT, Mandy Chung <mch...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>>> We are not supporting that. Are you referring to the comment in the code ?
>>> Yeah it should be resconstruction of libname(member_name).so , which is the
>>> first filename the classLoader constructs.
>>
>> Note that `System.mapLibraryName` and `mapAlternativeName` are called for
>> `System.loadLibrary`  (i.e. prepending `lib` and appending `.so`).
>> "libname(member_name)" is not a valid name and no reason for
>> `System.loadLibrary`  to support it.
>
>> I think we both mean that the if (name.contains("(")) block should get
>> removed.
>
> Because of the VM support, we can remove `mapAlternativeName` completely.

Oh ok.Yes i have removed that now. You mean ,load library wont support it, but
load will be able to support it since the loadLibraryIfPresent is returned
false now.

Now the loadLibrary can only handle .so to .a mapping due to mapAlternativeName

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17945#discussion_r1541534243