On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 17:06:49 GMT, Martin Doerr <mdo...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>>> "libname.so(member_name)" is not a valid library name. No reason why
>>> `System.load` has to support it.
>>
>> We are not supporting that. Are you referring to the comment in the code ?
>> Yeah it should be resconstruction of libname(member_name).so , which is the
>> first filename the classLoader constructs.
>
> I think we both mean that the `if (name.contains("("))` block should get
> removed.

> We are not supporting that. Are you referring to the comment in the code ?
> Yeah it should be resconstruction of libname(member_name).so , which is the
> first filename the classLoader constructs.

Note that `System.mapLibraryName` and `mapAlternativeName` are called for
`System.loadLibrary`  (i.e. prepending `lib` and appending `.so`).
"libname(member_name)" is not a valid name and no reason for
`System.loadLibrary`  to support it.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17945#discussion_r1541525247