On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 17:07:47 GMT, Suchismith Roy <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Allow support for both .a and .so files in AIX.
>> If .so file is not found, allow fallback to .a extension.
>> JBS Issue: [JDK-8319516](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8319516)
>
> Suchismith Roy has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   spaces

Now, I'm getting "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no libname.a in
java.library.path" when trying `System.loadLibrary("libname.a")` even though
the file exists in the library path. Is this intended?

It may be ok. It seems to work when I use System.loadLibrary("name"). Maybe
only the exception message is confusing in the previous case.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17945#issuecomment-2030261780
PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17945#issuecomment-2030266833