On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:55:12 GMT, Sean Coffey <coff...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Calling extra logging calls during initialization of Logger libraries can
> cause recursion leading to StackOverflowError
> This patch adds logic to the EventHelper class to detect recursion and
> prevent it.

You are right, turns out the jtr file did have the StackOverFlowError from the
test introduced in this PR - I just didn't check it given the other issue.

Now that I look at the stacktrace and the complex checks we are adding, I am
starting to wonder if these re-entrancy checks should actually be added within
the `jdk.internal.logger` implementation code/classes, instead of at these call
sites. As far as I can see, the `jdk.internal.event.EventHelper` isn't doing
anything out of the ordinary and the same issue could probably end up in some
other parts during the logging initialization.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18534#issuecomment-2031738798