On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 09:12:30 GMT, Daniel Fuchs <dfu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>>> Maybe that's OK - and maybe in that case the onus is on the user to set a
>>> threshold greater than 1500ms?
>>
>> The threshold is 20ms so these timed-select ops in the HTTP client will
>> record an event when they timeout.
>
> We should probably find a way to not emit the event if n == 0 and the
> operation was interrupted by `Selector.wakeUp`. Since we have another issue
> logged to emit a spin event, I wonder if we should only commit the event here
> if `n != 0`? The case where n == 0 would be handled by the spin event (added
> later)
> @AlanBateman what do you think?

I think it's okay for now. If there is another phase of this work to help
diagnose spinning issues then it will need to re-visited. I'm very concerned
about the possible changes for that second phase, but this first phase of
instrumentation is not disruptive.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16710#discussion_r1561279163