On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 16:08:31 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> We should probably find a way to not emit the event if n == 0 and the
>> operation was interrupted by `Selector.wakeUp`. Since we have another issue
>> logged to emit a spin event, I wonder if we should only commit the event
>> here if `n != 0`? The case where n == 0 would be handled by the spin event
>> (added later)
>> @AlanBateman what do you think?
>
> I think it's okay for now. If there is another phase of this work to help
> diagnose spinning issues then it will need to re-visited. I'm very concerned
> about the possible changes for that second phase, but this first phase of
> instrumentation is not disruptive.

OK. I am a little concerned about how often this event will be fired when using
the HttpClient - given that it's enabled by default. Idle connections sitting
in the pool will fire it at least once per connection every 1500ms. That may
not be too bad.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16710#discussion_r1561313983