On Thu, 16 May 2024 15:06:45 GMT, Viktor Klang <vkl...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Local testing seems to indicate that this fix (which mirrors what's done in
>> the FIFO mode) addresses the problem.
>>
>> But with that said, I haven't come up with a decent way of adding some form
>> of regression test. Suggestions are most welcome. /cc @DougLea
>
> @AlanBateman @DougLea Reviews are most welcome :)

Hi @viktorklang-ora
The changes was verified as follows
1. Create the script launching the test (from bug description) in a loop and
calculating the number of failures.

cat <<EOF >runme.sh
#!/bin/bash -x

__test_jdk=$1
__test=$2
__count=${3:-20}

i=0
failures=0
while true; do

  ((i=i+1))
  echo i: $i

  $__test_jdk/bin/java \
      --add-opens=java.base/java.util.concurrent=ALL-UNNAMED \
      --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED \
      $__test || break

  if [ "$i" -ge "$__count" ]; then
    break
  fi
done
EOF

2. Launch the test as follows

bash runme.sh ${test_jdk_home} Main 100

When the test is launched 100 times it is guaranteed to fail in at least one
iteration. With this fix no failures were detected in 1000 runs.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19271#issuecomment-2116560270