On Fri, 17 May 2024 11:35:55 GMT, Viktor Klang <vkl...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Local testing seems to indicate that this fix (which mirrors what's done in
>> the FIFO mode) addresses the problem.
>>
>> But with that said, I haven't come up with a decent way of adding some form
>> of regression test. Suggestions are most welcome. /cc @DougLea
>
> Viktor Klang has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Adding a leak detection test for SynchronousQueue

test/jdk/java/util/concurrent/tck/SynchronousQueueTest.java line 668:

> 666:     }
> 667:
> 668:     private void assertDoesntLeak(SynchronousQueue<Object> queue) throws
> InterruptedException {

@DougLea @AlanBateman Decided to create a memory leak detection test for
SynchronousQueue. Of course, it will likely take some time to tune the
parameters of it, but if it completes successfully there was no leak of queue
items tho...

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19271#discussion_r1604833973