On Mon, 20 May 2024 17:24:22 GMT, Ioi Lam <ik...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> JavacBench is a test program that compiles 90 Java source files. It uses a
>> fair amount of invokedynamic callsites, so it's good for testing CDS support
>> for indy and lambda expressions.
>>
>> This test was first integrated into the
>> [leyden](https://github.com/openjdk/leyden/tree/premain) repo. Hence some of
>> the files have copyrights in 2023.
>
> Ioi Lam has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit
> since the last revision:
>
>   @calvinccheung comments

LGTM, and thanks for the new utilities! That should make writing CDS tests a
lot easier. I have a few style considerations but you can take them or leave
them.

test/lib/jdk/test/lib/cds/CDSAppTester.java line 98:

> 96:     }
> 97:
> 98:     private final String name;

Could these fields and the constructor be moved to the top of the class?

test/lib/jdk/test/lib/cds/CDSAppTester.java line 147:

> 145:     }
> 146:
> 147:     private OutputAnalyzer dumpStaticArchive() throws Exception {

The code from 156 to 162 is repeated 3 times here, is it worth making another
function for this?

Marked as reviewed by matsaave (Reviewer).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19256#pullrequestreview-2069620296
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19256#discussion_r1608953801
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19256#discussion_r1608949352