On Wed, 29 May 2024 07:17:38 GMT, Adam Sotona <asot...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> [JDK-8294961](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8294961) changed to use
>> classfile API for reflection proxy-generation. Actual implementation of
>> `ProxyGenerator` is focused on performance, however it causes JDK bootstrap
>> regressions. `ProxyGenerator.TEMPLATE` class model is statically created and
>> each proxy class is transformed from the template.
>>
>> This patch is intended to examine plain proxy generation impact on
>> performance and JDK bootstrap (vs proxy transformation from template).
>>
>> The generated proxy is migrated from static initialization to CONDY
>> bootstrap.
>>
>> Please review.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Adam
>
> Adam Sotona has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
> merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains 13 additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - obsolete import
>  - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-8332457-proxy-startup
>  - missing bracket
>  - Update src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/reflect/ProxyGenerator.java
>
>    Co-authored-by: liach <7806504+li...@users.noreply.github.com>
>  - removed obsolete entry
>  - MTD_ cleanup
>  - fixed javadoc
>  - CONDY implementation of ProxyGenerator
>  - simplification of the proxy class loading
>  - more improvements
>  - ... and 3 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/compare/62348071...942342d5

The condy bootstrapping adds a little noise when running this through an
affected startup benchmark. Overall the net impact is small or even negative.
This is a nice cleanup, though, but perhaps we ought to keep JDK-8332457 open
(or file a new bug to keep investigating overheads).

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19410#issuecomment-2137310415