On Tue, 11 Jun 2024 21:05:43 GMT, Sean Mullan <mul...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/jdk.jstatd/share/classes/sun/tools/jstatd/Jstatd.java line 84:
>>
>>> 82:
>>> 83:         System.err.println("Warning: jstatd is deprecated for removal
>>> in a future release.");
>>> 84:
>>
>> I think we've put "WARNING" in caps in other usages.
>
> I also think a period at the end is not necessary.

For the Security Manager, the warning was worded a little differently:

"WARNING: The Security Manager is deprecated and will be removed in a future
release"

I think that wording is more clear. The current wording could be confusing
because JDK 24 is when jstatd is deprecated for removal, and not a future
release. The wording above is more definitive for those that may not understand
what "deprecated for removal" means. Thus, I suggest:

"WARNING: jstatd is deprecated and will be removed in a future release"

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19658#discussion_r1635483989