On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 14:30:23 GMT, Roger Riggs <rri...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> One more tool. or... Could this be coalesced into a tool that does deprscan
> and restricted methods, and other "lint" type checks? I might go so far as to
> suggest it be extensible and accept patterns or regular expressions for
> matching classes, methods, fields, etc.

Discussed this with several people ahead of this PR. That is something we might
want to do in the future, but we want this scanning feature to be ready for the
JNI restriction, which is proposed to target Java 24.

Other work might include unifying the code bases of `jdeprscan`, `jdeps`, and
exposing a general purpose static-analysis API.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19774#issuecomment-2179078565