On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 17:45:14 GMT, Jorn Vernee <jver...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/jdk.jdeps/share/classes/com/sun/tools/jnativescan/RestrictedMethodFinder.java
>>  line 120:
>>
>>> 118:             Optional<ClassResolver.Info> info =
>>> systemClassResolver.lookup(methodRef.owner());
>>> 119:             if (!info.isPresent()) {
>>> 120:                 return false;
>>
>> Is this just `false` or maybe a warning that a certain owner could not be
>> resolved (maybe if running with enough debug options) ?
>
> Yes, thought about that yesterday as well. Good catch

Thinking a bit more: we also use the optional being empty to know if the owner
is not a system class, so I think this code here is what we want. We can
however throw an exception if a class is not found in
`SystemClassResolver::lookup`. Since, if a class is inside a system module
package, it should be found as well (unless the user sets the release to the
wrong version).

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19774#discussion_r1646606901